Overview

ENERGY

The world’s ever-expanding population needs more and more electrical energy in order to power our machines of manufacturing, produce and distribute our products, light, heat or cool our homes, cook our food, access and store our information, organize our activities, heal our ailing, care for our aged, entertain and communicate with each other and to physically transport people from one place to another.

DEMAND

All of these human activities create a continuing worldwide demand for the generation of reliable, cost-efficient, electrical energy… 24 hours a day, every hour, minute and second of every day of the year (24/7/52™). The global demand for electricity is increasing each year and will do so well into the future.

overview_pic01

The Energy Usage of the United States and Central America, as seen from Outer Space

 

THE LIMITATIONS USING THE SUN OR THE WIND AS SOURCES FOR POWER

The sun and wind are the two major untapped free and abundant energy sources. The sun’s partial daily availability to shine 24 hours is a major limitation in generating electricity.

The following Figure A illustrates the limitation of competitive systems that rely upon the sun to generate power. Solar only systems operate about 6 hours per every 24-hour period or 25% of the day while the other 75% of the day the overview_pic03solar panels sit idle.

 

FIGURE A

Wind, although generally available 24 hours per day, is erratic and unpredictable from one moment to another so, it too, is a major limitation in generating electricity (Figure B). These natural resources provide the potential for energy that needs to be captured and converted in order to become usable electricity.

 

FIGURE B

COMPETITIVE SYSTEMSoverview_pic04

Currently, competitive companies’ systems only provide a partial solution for electricity generation. Separate technology for either a solar or a wind system does not live up to there full potential. Because of nature’s sun and wind limitations they fail to provide continuous electrical power.

Put another way; Traditionally, No sun, No wind No Power!

THE SOLARWIND SOLUTION

SolarWind addresses these problems with a technological solution that compensates for the sun’s limited daily exposure and the wind’s erratic and unpredictable behavior.
This is accomplished by combining solar system technologies with wind system technologies to provide a hybrid system capable of generating continuous electricity.